|Gone Fishin'||Self Catering||Saturday||1||2||1|
Welcome to Gone Fishin', this is not a fishing holiday as the name implies but a bonus, it's free to enjoy the quality carp, black bass and braeme or just enjoy the ambiance of the lakeside.
• We are situated in the countryside on the outskirts of Agen and Villeneuve sur Lot offering self catering accommodation exclusively for 2 persons.
• We offer quality at an affordable price (one price throughout the summer months just £440 per week).
• Peace, quiet and tranquility yet we are only 8 minutes away from the delighful villages Clairac, Aiguillon where you will find essentials like :
• post office
• restaurants and beautiful riverside beaches.
• We are just 20 minutes from the main towns of Agen and Villeneuve sur Lot.
• There is so much to see and do in this beautiful area that has great historic significance.
• We have at our fingertips videos and cycle routes that we will send you should you decide to book ... a temptation for example:
A Picnic with bikes or just a walk down the delightful scenic waterways.
• Trotting Races Day Or Night Maybe Have A Flutter.
• Temple Sur Lot Water Lilly Garden Where Monet Was Inspired.
• Turn yourself into a Drone for a few hrs and explore (a video that will explain all).
• Hire A Small Boat For 2 and enjoy a cruise down the river bïase.
• Cycling in this beautiful area of flat lanes and Canal Tow Paths.
•Bike hire is close by they will deliver to your door and collect.
• The surrounding Towns And Villages Have So Much To Offer.
• For the Artist be inspired and do bring your paints.
• There are Many Quality Golf Courses Near By we will give you all this information and videos so you can plan before arrival.
• Morning Markets Where And When a full list awaits... its so exciting the many places you could visit... or do nothing, just relax and enjoy.
• Changeover day is usually Saturday but we •consider mid-week bookings as guests can normally get a better deal booking ferries or flights mid-week.
• And of course Booking here through Holiday France Direct you will get a whopping discount on the ferry and the £34 you pay to Holiday France Direct comes off your total cost.
• Your rooms are large and bright, offering pristine clean accommodation.
• Your own large garden and terrace with bbq.
• Set in 22 acres including 2 acre carp lake exclusively for you. (And of course ourselves).
• Your holiday offers tranquility without being isolated.
• Not a child in sight or earshot!
• Wi-fi connection in all rooms.
• Guests will benefit from all new double glazed windows, allowing your rooms to keep an ambient temperature throughout.
• We offer a quality affordable holiday that is exclusive to the 2 of you throughout the summer season.
• It is less than £63 per night inclusive for 2 people.
• Minimum stay 7 nights a quality holiday that guarantees no other guests sharing any facilities.
• Do compare our price with others and you will see other cottages/gîtes start low and hike the price high as the summer moves on!
• Before you compare though do save us in your favourites as we are sure you will return to us after price and quality comparisons.
• At the close of our summer season we offer 3 night breaks at £195 which include heating when necessary from late October onwards. This is often ideal for house hunters.
• We have successfully been offering accommodation since 2003.
• This is not a fishing holiday just a bonus, many guests don't fish but enjoy the ambiance sat around the lake watching fish jumping, kingfishers swooping.
• A warm welcome awaits here at Gone Fishin, in the sunny Lot et Garonne. You arrive as guests but leave as friends.
• EASY BOOKING ......
• Initially you make enquiries directly through this company's (HFDirect) website, we speak to you directly via messages through Holiday France Direct. Once you are happy you confirm the booking with Holiday France Direct, paying your booking fee of £34.00 to them which allows you to take advantage of their Brittany Ferries offers.
• Only then are we able to speak directly with each other via our personal emails or by phone (we will call you should you wish as our calls are free to a UK landline).
• Remember that the £34.00 you paid HFD will come off of your balance.
• There are no hidden charges.
• Once the above has been completed we can chat directly.
• Complete the booking we will require a £100.00 deposit for each week booked.
• The balance 8 weeks before arrival, add to the balance just £50.00 (this we return to you on day of departure for leaving the gite in a good clean state).
• Deduct from the balance the £34.00 you paid HFDirect. Tcch Tcch ... simples! Don't hesitate to ask for help, we hope to see you soon. Jenny and Alan x
• A modern and bright kitchen diner with views over your own private large garden.
• The kitchen is well equipped & with hob, microwave, fridge and independent freezer.
• The laundry room (washing machine) is available to guests that have booked with us for more than one week.
• Your lounge is bright and is very comfortable, bright and cheerful with superior seating giving lumbar support.
• Views overlooking your own private large garden and orchards.
• UK freeview tv, dvd and 24/7 wi-fi connection.
• Wi-fi is included in the price.
• Large bright bedroom overlooking your lake.
• Double bed.
• Wardrobe and plenty of shelving.
• We offer fresh linen for those here more than one week.
• The linen is provided and included in the price.
• Large bright bathroom that is pristine clean.
• Adjacent to your bedroom.
• Large in built shower with grab rails.
• Towels are provided and included in the price
• Oil fired radiators that are active if we feel the need.
• If there is a chilly feel in the evening in the out of season short breaks an electric blanket is at your disposal.
• Local market in nearby villages most mornings and in the summer months there are many evening musical festivities.
• Restaurants are plentiful and so near as only 8 minutes away.
• We have many brochures at your disposal showing Bastides and many historic sites that is a tourist delight.
• Boat rides along the canal either with a tourist guide or be a captain of your own boat!
• A day out to Bordeaux or Toulouse is easy, just hop on the local train in Aiguillon which is just 10 minutes away and you will be in the centre of Bordeaux within the hr or Toulouse approx 2 hrs.
• Our property is set in 22 acres of new woodland and a 2 acre lake all but in the garden.
• Your own private shaded mature garden with shaded terrace & bbq
• The ambiance, peace and quiet is wonderful. 70% of guests do not come here as a fishing holiday but just to enjoy the tranquility of the lake, woodland, birding (the golden oriel & kingfishers to name but a few), wildlife and flora and fauna.
• Picnic benches are around our private lake. The grounds are not open to the public. Those that enjoy fishing know they are only seconds away from their partners who might not enjoy fishing so it becomes a very compatible holiday for all. Yes, your lake is all but in the garden.
• Your large garden and shaded terrace, sun loungers & bbq is secluded. Should you wish to go fishing in any of the rivers then please note that you MUST obtain a permit as there is a heavy fine for fishing in the river.
• Fortunately here at Gone Fishin' this is our own private lake & no permit is required
• The grounds are flat/level you can park immediately outside your gîte in the driveway.
• If you bring your own rods they can be kept secure in an outbuilding.
• The property has been very acceptable with people who have some walking problems as there are no steps.
• The gardens are flat and walks on country roads near your holiday home have no inclines.
• You have access to 24/7 wi-fi connection.
• We live on the premises (just around the corner) but assure you of total privacy. We are here to help but not intrude.
• It is worth noting that even though your accommodation is on the ground floor & all on one level there are no rooms above your cottage/gite, therefore allowing you total quiet rather than listening to someone walking about above you.
• A number of guests have said that past experiences of other gites offering ground floor accommodation was marred by the owners living above, and they could here constant noise.
We guarantee this is not the case here.
• Although this is a rural location next 2 villages (equal distance just 8 minutes away by car) have a small weekly market, a supermarket, doctor, dentist, post office, bank, ATM, 24/7 fuel, bar and restaurant.
• The large & vibrant towns of Agen & Villeneuve sur Lot just 30 minutes away.
• This is NOT a fishing holiday, fishing is just a bonus & free
Originally from the UK but we lived in the Isle of Man for over 20 years. <br/>We arrived in France in 2002 and bought our home Burthes, in Aiguillon South West France here in the Lot et Garonne, the sixth house that we viewed.<br/>We are very happy here especially when our daughter & partner Alan come to visit. They help us maintain the grounds to a high standard. Over the years we have had wonderful interesting guests in the gîte/cottage who become firm friends returning regularly. <br/>
|Year property purchased||2002|
|Why this location?||We chose this location because The Lot et Garonne offers true seasons . Spring albeit early, Summer, Autumn somewhat later and Winter that arrives in January & February. The landscaped are truly diverse and offers so much history.|
|Unique benefits of property||The unique benefits this property offers is that it is in the countryside but not isolated. Just 8 minutes away from local shops and just 30 minutes away from vibrant towns. The property itself offers our guests no steps, the terrain is flat and the immediate lanes, allowing comfortable walking. The property is pristine clean and we pride ourselves on this particularly. Guests arrive but leave as friends.
The property sits in 22 acres of woodland with a 2 acre well stocked carp lake. Only 30% of guests intend to have a fishing holiday ( fishing is just a bonus and is free) , the majority come to enjoy the ambiance of the lake , wildlife and birding.
We have many people returning year after year, we have just 5 weeks left in 2017.
3 restaurants within 8 mins in the village of Clairac. 1 Routier within 1 mins of Gone Fishin' 3 Restaurants in the village of Aiguillon 8 mins away Numerous restaurants in the main towns of Agen and Villeneuve sur Lot
We found Gone Fishing to be exactly as described in the adverts and more. The owners gave us a super welcome and could not have have been more friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
The accommodation was well thought out, exceptionally clean and most comfortable.
The fishing, described as a free bonus proved to be very good indeed with many carp up to 15 pounds coming to the net despite the extremely hot weather, the mercury showing 43 degrees on one day.
All, in all we found the accommodation, far exceeded our expectations and we had a thoroughly restful and enjoyable holiday. It was so good in fact, we have booked for next year already and are eagerly waiting to return to this rural idylll.
This is indeed very kind of you to post a review. We never seek public reviews as we upload reviews from our in house gusetbook to our main personal website so this is an added bonus thank you. And thank you both for being "our perfect guests". A great pleasure in having met you and indeed look forward to your return.