This location has multiple holiday properties
|Poppy Gite, La Salle||Self Catering||Saturday||2||6||1||Sofabed|
Beautifully restored 18th century stone ‘longere’ converted into 3 spacious, comfortable gites.
Set in 3 acres of tranquil grounds and approached by a long drive, this charming stone barn has been professionally renovated to provide 3 attractive family gites. Each gite has a modern and roomy feel without losing any of the charm and character created by the original beams and stonework. Electricity and gas, duvets and pillows are included in the price and bed linen can be provided at an extra nominal cost. Free wi-fi available. Digital tv with Freeview channels and dvd player.
La Salle is a secluded hamlet set amongst beautiful farmland and woods and bordering marshes. The gites are ideally suited to couples and families seeking the tranquillity of Brittany’s beautiful countryside whilst having the benefit of the stunning coastline and many interesting and exciting attractions only a car ride away.
The gites may be rented separately but are also ideal for a larger group of friends or family wanting to holiday together whilst retaining their individual privacy and seclusion. The details in this advert are for the Poppy Gite.
Whether you are looking to escape from the stress of modern day living and simply want a relaxing family holiday or are looking for a base from which to explore this charming corner of Southern Brittany, look no further than La Salle.
Large open-plan lounge/dining/kitchen area with traditional exposed beams and stone fireplace with wood burning stove. Digital tv with Freeview channels and dvd player. Fully equipped kitchen with cooker, microwave, fridge, toaster, electric kettle. Free wi-fi available.
Large open plan living room with comfortable sofas, digital tv with Freeview channels and dvd player, bookcase and stone fireplace with woodburner.
Bedrooms are on the first floor:
Bedroom 1: King size bed with drawers and hanging space
Bedroom 2: Double bed and two single beds, drawers and hanging space
Ground floor bathroom includes bath with shower, sink and separate wc.
Electric radiators and woodburner
Digital tv with Freeview channels and dvd player.
Communal gamesroom with snooker, table football, darts, boules, badminton and bikes for general use.
Shared 3 acres of gardens, woodland and lawns.
Courtyard with patio furniture, barbecue and pizza oven.
Patio tables and chairs outside each gite with barbecues.
Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer for communal use.
Ample parking for cars and bikes on drive.
Families and couples.
Back in 2003 we decided to search for a holiday home in the Brittany/Pays de la Loire region having visited the area many times. We discovered La Salle and both fell in love with its peaceful location, beautiful oak beams and extensive grounds plus many nearby places to visit. Our children and four young grandchildren love it as much as we do and the gites make an ideal, get-away-from it all location for family holidays.
|Year property purchased||2003|
|Why this location?||Living in Kent we wanted somewhere in the French countryside that we could reach for a long weekend or short break but far enough south for warmer weather and to make us feel that we were away from it all. Plenty of interesting places to visit nearby, 40 minutes from the beach and just a mile from the local village.|
|Unique benefits of property||Beautifully restored 18th century stone barn, converted into 3 spacious, comfortable gites, which may be rented separately or altogether for a larger group (up to 16 in total).
Set in 3 acres of tranquil grounds and approached by a long drive, each gite has a large open-plan lounge/kitchen/dining room with traditional exposed beams and well-equipped bathroom/shower/separate wc. Heating, electricity and gas included + cots, high chairs and linen on request. Laundry room, gamesroom, bikes, garden furniture and barbecues. Situated on the Brittany/Pays de la Loire border, ideal for exploring Brittany’s coastline or Loire Valley. Five minutes from the Vilaine River Valley: Excellent rambling, cycling, birdwatching, boating, golf + nearby lake for swimming.
1. The lake at Plessé – ‘good alternative to the coast and not so far plus good cafe’
2. Lake at Etang Aumée – ‘great place for kids’
3. ‘Chateau de Bretesche at Missillac is a must NB only open to look round July/August’
4. Beach at Loscolo and Mine D’Or (Pénestin) –‘ 45 minute drive – well worth it’
5. Vannes and Rochefort-en-Terre – ‘both very very beautiful and can recommend lunch at Terrasse Creperie’
6. ‘Créperie at Guémené Penfao is great’
7. ‘Food at Edouards, is exquisite’
8. La Roche Bernard – ‘worth a visit’
9. Pornichet – ‘harbour, café very pretty’
10. Piriac-sur-Mer -‘ pretty shops, cafes and lovely coast from here to Quimiac – good small beaches and walks’
11. Batz-sur-Mer – ‘large sandy busy beaches’
12. ‘Canoed near St. Vincent’ and ‘went canoeing on River Oust at Isle aux Pies’
13. Parc de Prehistoire near Malansac – and Oceanium at Croisic ‘both worth the drive –
14. ‘For World War 2 buffs the Breton Resistance Museum at St Marcel is fascinating and good grounds to picnic on.’
15. Redon Market is on a Monday ‘including indoor food market closes at 1 p.m. so get there early’
16. ‘The Créperie just over the bridge in Redon is wonderful’
17. ‘Enjoyed the Zoo at Branfère and the boats at La Gacilly’
18. ‘The walled city of Guérande is worth a visit and so is Josselin – also has English bookshop’
19. ‘Wonderful trip through the salt marshes at St Malo de Guersac – wildlife was brilliant and also nature reserve near there’
20. ‘Wildlife nature walk from Gannedal (near Chapelle le Brain) waymarked with explanatory boards & hides 2.5 – 3 hours’
21. Trip to Rennes (45 - 60 mins drive) – ‘worth it to see stunning old town and great for s