|The Pool House||Self Catering||Saturday||1||2||1||Zero|
Does your dream 2019 French holiday involve?
• A deluxe holiday villa, for two, set in a Brézé vineyard;
• 15-minutes from Saumur, Loire valley. Also close to Fontevraud, Chinon, Villandry and both Angers and Tours
• A child-free environment peace and tranquillity; Solitude, without isolation
• Local walks to 4 chateaux - panoramic landscapes
• 70% of our guests have stayed more than once
• Prices inclusive of linen, towels and utilities
• Owners on site for help and advice - 12 years at la Charpenterie
• Edge of village location - local shops include pizza bar, boulengerie, mini-market, pharmacy and La Poste
• Golf, horse-riding, canoeing, fishing and karting all available nearby
Our facilities include:-
• 15m heated swimming pool 1.2m deep and so suitable for non-confident swimmers
• Sunbeds, parasol, outdoor table & chairs and bbq
• Reliable secure wi-fi allowing you to keep in touch with the office and friends from your laptop, or mobile device
• Bikes for him and her, plus a separate tandem
• An acre of ground, so there is plenty of space to be on your own, or enjoy the company of the owners
• Very close to a living village so you can walk, or cycle through the vineyards for your warm baguette in the morning - it will taste even better for the small effort.
• We can point you towards the best local wine producers of our area - it makes more sense try before you buy
• We can also recommend some of the many superb restaurants and markets to be found nearby
Luxury fitted and well-equipped kitchen with granite worktops including dishwasher, full height fridge-freezer in addition to hob, oven and microwave/grill. Nespresso coffee-machine.
Large lounge, with 2 leather settees.
Dining room with glass-topped table and 6 leather chairs.
Bedroom with the option of super king size, or twin bed(s) arrangement and fitted double wardrobes.
Linen included in weekly price.
Deluxe bathroom with walk-in multi-jet shower and marble topped "His & Hers" basins. Hair drier.
Two luxury bathrobes and slippers provided for the use of our guests.
Bathroom towels included in weekly price.
Electric window shutters; keep it cool when its hot and warm when its not. Also provide security and act as curtains.
Electric central heating ensures comfort during Spring and Autumn
42" Plasma tv, UK satellite receiver, dvd player and Bang & Olufsen hi-fi system; Bluetooth docking station speaker.
The Heated pool is only a few metres from your terrace.
•Two sunloungers and al-fresco dining table for 4 on the front terrace.
•Additional terrace with garden furniture, dining table and charcoal bbq, to the rear of the house for evening dining in the sun.
•Your "pride and joy" can be parked in one of our garages, upon request.
*or, you will have a dedicated space accessed by remote control gate.
•"Top down" motoring is almost an everyday possibility.
•We will be able to guide you through the myriad chateaux and other visitor attractions situated in this UNESCO World Heritage area.
The house is not equipped for disabled access, but is nonetheless suitable with mobility issues - single level; open plan only small steps from terrace and door threshold.
We have 2 bikes and a tandem for getting around locally. These are really only suitable for short distances within the local vineyards.
Guest who cycle longer distances tend to bring their own bikes
We designed and built La Charpenterie in 2005 and have rented The Pool House every year. Over 70% of our bookings are from returning guests.
|Year property purchased||2002|
|Why this location?||We had lots of choice when we decided to build in France. We loved the Loire valley and especially Saumur. We found a parcel of land set in extensive vineyards with panoramic views of 14-20km.
The area is great for walking and cycling but we love food so local markets and high quality restaurants were a particular draw to our location. La Ripaille is a small hamlet of about 20 people but we are just 1km from Breze a living village with a Grande Chateau and shops.
|Unique benefits of property||The Pool House is a purpose designed property to provide very comfortable and deluxe accommodation to a couple. There are no noisy families nearby and so it offers the perfect opportunity for tranquillity, but within easy travel distance of the many historic sites within the Loire valley World Heritage centre.|
Cadre Noir equestrian centre. Better than Vienna.
Fontevraud abbey - burial site of Richard the Lionheart.
Chateau de Breze - a short walk.
Chateau de Villandry - the best chateau and gardens in our area.
Champagne houses of Saumur - there are very many wine producers - Cremant wine cost as little as €6.50.
Café culture and fine dining - people watching; the lowest cost pastime.