|La Petite Maison||Self Catering||Flexible||5||10||6||Sofabed in living room / cot in main bedroom|
La Petite Maison is a stunning converted Farmhouse with a fantastic shared leisure complex complete with indoor swimming pool, gymnasium and games room. The property has 5 bedrooms each with en suite facilities. (NB. The property can sleep up to 12 people - 2 people being accommodated on a large double sofabed in the salon).
It benefits from its quiet, rural setting. Surrounded by farm land, fields and woods, it is a lovely peaceful spot to enjoy the tranquility of escaping from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Outside, there is a generously sized courtyard leading down to a large garden. The main garden has great decked barbecue area with petanque terrain for guest use. La Petite Maison also has its own private garden with a patio area.
La Petite Maison is in the village of Desertines, close to the town of Gorron which has bars, restaurants, cafes, shops and friendly locals.
Our pricing is very competitive; based on 12 people (with 2 sleeping on a sofabed in the salon), our daily rate is less than 30 euros per night! For that, you get:
- a comfortable memory foam mattress and pillows on a king size bed
- superior bed linen and generous soft bath sheets with a welcome goody :o)
- a stocked hospitality tray with tea and coffee making facilities and tasty cookies and candies
- complimentary bathroom toiletries
- TV and DVD player in every bedroom
- kitchen linen, crockery and cutlery
- dishwashing detergent and dishwasher tabs
- toys and games and books for the children and adults
All of this, along with a whole house to yourselves and the use of the onsite leisure facilities including:
- indoor heated pool
- comprehensive gymnasium
- games room with table tennis, snooker table, pool table
- Xbox and Wii consoles (please bring your own batteries)
Large outdoor garden area
Patio tables and chairs
Charcoal bbq for guest use
Free WIFI in all areas (please note: as we are in a rural location, the signal can sometimes be intermittent)
Ample free parking
Guests save 20% on sailings with Brittany Ferries :o)
The kitchen provides:
* induction hob and electric double oven
* microwave, fridge-freezer
* integral wine rack
* crockery and ovenware
* colour coded chopping boards
* baking trays and equipment
* wine glasses, short and tall tumblers
* cutlery and bbq cutlery, assorted mugs, teacups and expresso cups
* teapot, cafetieres, kettle, toaster, chopping boards, trays
* kitchen linen
* dishwashing detergent, dishcloths and dishwasher tabs
The salon is furnished with a large cosy sofa and a double sofabed, occasional table and wood burning stove in the feature fireplace.
TV and DVD player with French, English and foreign language freeview and satellite and radio channels.
The dining area has a lovely extended wooden dining table and chairs (there is a highchair available for a younger guest)
Each comfortable bedroom comes complete with:
* king size or double bed with bedding provided
* bedside table with reading lamp
* wardrobe storage with hangers
* cheval mirror
* wall-mounted tv with French, English and foreign language freeview and satellite and radio channels
* hospitality tray for tea/coffee making
* cot in the main bedroom (for a younger guest)
* ensuite bathroom facilties
Each bathroom suite:
* large bath with bath sheets, bath mat and a hand towel provided
* separate shower unit
* his/her handwash basins with unit
* separate WC
* complimentary luxury bathroom toiletries
The two top floor bedrooms have a shower unit, single handwash basin and share a WC which is on the floor below.
All the heating is provided by oil fired radiators throughout the house.
Guests are welcome to make use of any of the books, toys and games provided.
Use of the onsite shared leisure complex with
Indoor swimming pool
Games room with
- table tennis
- snooker table
- pool table
- Wii and Xbox consoles (Wii games and Xbox games are available upon request)
La Petite Maison has a raised paved area stepping down to a garden with a lawned area, patio table and chairs and double gate leading to the front courtyard and pathway to the main garden behind the house with decked barbecue area and petanque terrain.
The generously sized courtyard provides ample complimentary parking.
There is no wheelchair access to the property.
For the benefit of all our guests, we operate a 'no smoking' policy at the property.
For the benefit of all our guests, we do not allow pets at the property.
Guests of La Petite Maison are welcome to use
* the patio chairs and tables on site
* the portable charcoal barbecue provided
* the shared on site Leisure Complex with:-
- indoor pool
- games room with table tennis, snooker table, pool table, Wii and Xbox consoles (there are Wii and Xbox games available on request)
Hello, I'm a working mother and myself and my hubby bought this property when we saw it and fell in love with it :)<br/><br/>Over the years, we have lovingly restored it and made it into a holiday home we hope people would like to stay in and come back to again and again.<br/><br/>It's a gorgeous property and modern inside whilst retaining that french 'je ne sais quoi' that we all would like to know and love ;)
|Year property purchased||2007|
|Why this location?||It is a great location to escape and enjoy some calm reflection and a great place to gather with family and friends.|
|Unique benefits of property||La Petite Maison is a unique home from home set in lovely countryside.|
Please bear in mind that this is not an exhaustive list and we provide all our guests with a Welcome Pack with ideas of places to visit, restaurants to check out and much more... Here is just a small selection though:-
The nearby village of Desertines:
- The Red Lion, a great little public house which is definitely worth a visit with a variety of themed evenings - karaoke, vintage cars, club nights...
- Natalie's is a local bar/restaurant in Desertines which serves a very reasonably priced plat du jour - an entree, main meal, dessert and wine or cider for around 15 euros.
- Loisirs de la Colmont, Gorron - high wires, kayaking, bike hire, swin-golf, paintballing, loads to do here and not just for the kids!
- Cafe Gourmand is in our local town of Gorron and serves a great cup of tea or coffee (and cake if you need some!!) as well as a la carte lunches and dinner.
- cinema - for french and the occasional english spoken film night
- Elliot's, butchers can supply all your meats and is just across the road from Cafe Gourmand!
- with its art gallery
- award winning gardens
- nature and wildlife park
- Chateau de Fougere, a magnificent castle, one of the finest fortresses in Europe
- public gardens
- churches especially Eglise Saint-Sulpice de Fougeres and Eglise Saint Leonard
- tourist train
- beautiful basilique Notre-Dame d'Avesnieres
- Chateau du Laval
Le Mont St Michel
Beaches at Dinard, St Malo, Granvilles, Deauville (the 'Cannes' of western France) and Trouville
We are ideally placed for the Ports of St. Malo, Caen, and even Cherbourg and Le Havre - all easy driving distance from us, together with the fact that guest can save 20% on their sailings with Brittany Ferries