|Le Moulin de la Quentiniere||Self Catering||Flexible||5||15||6||Plus x4 double sofabeds / x2 airbeds / x2 cots|
Le Moulin is a stunning converted flour mill with a fantastic shared leisure complex complete with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, gymnasium and games room. The property has 5 huge bedrooms each with en suite facilities. It benefits from its quiet, rural setting. Surrounded by farm land, fields and woods, it is a lovely peaceful spot to enjoy the tranquility of escaping from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Outside, there is a generously sized courtyard leading down to a large garden.
Le Moulin is in the village of Desertines, close to the town of Gorron which has bars, restaurants, cafes, shops and friendly locals.
Our pricing is very competitive; based on the minimum stay with 15 people, our daily rate is 30 euros per night! For that, you get:
- a huge 400 sq ft of living space in each bedroom
- a comfortable deluxe mattress and pillows on a king size 'zip & link' bed along with a large sofa bed (each bed can be separated to provide 2 separate single beds)
- lounge area with TV and DVD in every bedroom
- superior bed linen and generous soft bath sheets with a welcome chocolate/bonbon
- a stocked hospitality tray with tea and coffee making facilities and tasty cookies and candies
- complimentary bathroom toiletries
- kitchen linen, crockery and cutlery
- dishwashing detergent, dishcloth and dishwasher tabs
- toys, games and books for the children and adults
- cot and highchair for a younger guest
All of this, along with a whole house to yourselves and the use of the onsite leisure facilities including:
- indoor heated pool
- large jacuzzi
- comprehensive gymnasium
- games room with table tennis, snooker table, pool table
- Xbox and Wii consoles
Large outdoor garden area
Patio tables and chairs
Charcoal bbq for guest use
Free wi-fi in all areas
Large Rayburn - which also fires the radiators in this area
Electric hob and oven
Large commercial microwave
Various kitchen and bbq utensils
3 x eight-seater tables with dining chairs
Ground floor tv room with 50" TV, DVD player, comfy sofa and large sofabed
This room also has 2 tub chairs and an occasional table
Storage unit with books, toys and games.
First floor salon 1500 sq ft with cinema projector and screen, stereo sound system
Leading to games room with table football, pool table and table tennis table
First floor foyer with cosy chairs, sofas, occasional tables, table lamp, floor lamp
Each bedroom suite features:
King size 'zip & link' bed with deluxe mattress and pillows, all bedding provided (each bed can be separated to provide 2 separate single beds)
Bedside table with lamp and double sofabed*
Hospitality tray with complimentary tea, coffee, cookies, candies
Double wardrobe/fitted wardrobe
Chest of drawers
TV and DVD player
*Les Nuages has an 'L' shaped corner suite
Each bedroom has an en suite bathroom featuring:
Separate walk in shower
Double hand washbasin on unit
Mirror and towel airer
Luxury bath sheets, bath mat and hand towel provided
Complimentary luxury bathroom toiletries
Les Nuages, on the first floor, has a clawfoot bath, separate walk-in shower and a single handwash basin
Le Moulin has underfloor heating throughout.
Guests are welcome to make use of the books, toys and games provided in the ground floor TV room. Spend some time in the with table tennis table, pool table and table football which leads off the salon in Le Moulin.
Use of the onsite shared leisure complex with:
13m indoor swimming pool
Games room with:
Table tennis table
Wii and Xbox consoles (Wii games and Xbox games are available)
Le Moulin has a 1/4 acre of main garden space for guests to enjoy.
There is a rear sun deck, leading from the dining room, for guests to enjoy outdoor dining.
The patio area immediately outside of the property is furnished with patio tables and chairs and a bbq for guest use.
Free parking is provided on the generously sized courtyard to the front of the property.
There is no wheelchair access to the property.
For the benefit of all our guests, we operate a 'no smoking' policy.
For the benefit of all our guests, we do not allow pets on the property.
We have provided a utility room for guests use with:
Large capacity washing machine
Large capacity tumble drier
Iron, ironing board
Wash baskets and an assortment of cleaning equipment
Additional fridge with ice box
Hello, I'm a working mother and myself and my hubby bought this property when we saw it and fell in love with it :)<br/>Over the years, we have lovingly restored it and made it into a holiday home we hope people would like to stay in and come back to again and again.<br/><br/>It's a gorgeous property and modern inside whilst retaining that French 'je ne sais quoi' that we all would like to know and love ;)
|Year property purchased||2007|
|Why this location?||We have visited a lot of areas in France and feel that Desertines, France is a lovely, rural location with a lot of friendly people, a place to relax and enjoy being away from the hustle and bustle. It is an ideal location for the best of both worlds; when you want to go and explore busy bustling towns or quiet countryside, then come back and chillax.|
|Unique benefits of property||It offers the best of both worlds - a lovely rural location in quiet countryside and not far from lively pubs and restaurants and market villages and towns.|
Please bear in mind that this is not an exhaustive list and we provide all our guests with a Welcome Pack with ideas of places to visit, restaurants to check out and much more... Here is just a small selection though:-
The nearby village of Desertines:
- The Red Lion, a great little public house which is definitely worth a visit with a variety of themed evenings - karaoke, vintage cars, club nights...
- Natalie's is a local bar/restaurant in Desertines which serves a very reasonably priced plat du jour - an entree, main meal, dessert and wine or cider for around 15 euros.
- Loisirs de la Colmont, Gorron - high wires, kayaking, bike hire, swin-golf, paintballing, loads to do here and not just for the kids!
- Cafe Gourmand is in our local town of Gorron and serves a great cup of tea or coffee (and cake if you need some!!) as well as a la carte lunches and dinner.
- cinema - for french and the occasional english spoken film night
- Elliot's, butchers can supply all your meats and is just across the road from Cafe Gourmand!
- with its art gallery
- award winning gardens
- nature and wildlife park
- Chateau de Fougere, a magnificent castle, one of the finest fortresses in Europe
- public gardens
- churches especially Eglise Saint-Sulpice de Fougeres and Eglise Saint Leonard
- tourist train
- beautiful basilique Notre-Dame d'Avesnieres
- Chateau du Laval
Le Mont St Michel
Beaches at Dinard, St Malo, Granvilles, Deauville (the 'Cannes' of western France) and Trouville