|Le Moulin de la Quentiniere||Self Catering||Saturday||5||15||6||Plus x4 double sofabeds / x2 airbeds / x2 cots|
Le Moulin is a stunning converted flour mill with a fantastic shared leisure complex complete with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, gymnasium and games room. The property has 5 huge bedrooms each with en suite facilities.
Outside, there is a generously sized courtyard leading down to a large garden.
Le Moulin is in the village of Desertines, close to the town of Gorron which has bars, restaurants, cafes, shops and friendly locals.
Our pricing is very competitive; based on 15 people, our daily rate is less than 30 euros per night! For that, you get:
- a huge 400 sq ft of living space in each bedroom
- a comfortable memory foam mattress and pillows on a king size bed along with a large sofa bed
- lounge area with tv and dvd in every bedroom
- superior bed linen and generous soft towels with a welcome choccie
- a stocked hospitality tray with tea and coffee making facilities and tasty cookies and candies
- complimentary bathroom toiletries
- kitchen linen, crockery and cutlery
- dishwashing detergent and dishwasher tabs
- toys, games and books for the children and adults
- cot for a younger guest
All of this, along with a whole house to yourselves and the use of the onsite leisure facilities including:
- indoor heated pool
- large jacuzzi
- comprehensive gymnasium
- gamesroom with table tennis, snooker table, pool table
- Xbox and Wii consoles
Large outdoor garden area
Patio tables and chairs
charcoal bbq for guest use
Free wi-fi in all areas
Ample free parking
Kitchen features: Large Rayburn which mainly fires the radiators in this area, electric hob and oven, a large commercial microwave along with crockery, cutlery and various kitchen utensils
Dining area: 3x eight-seater tables with dining chairs, Lounge area with sofa and coffee-table. Highchair
Ground floor tv room with 50" tv, comfy sofa and large sofabed.
This room also has 2 tub chairs and an occasional table. Storage unit with books, toys and games.
First floor salon 1500 sq ft with cinema projector and screen, stereo sound system.
Leading to games room with table football, pool table and table tennis table.
First floor foyer with cosy chairs, sofas, occasional tables.
Each bedroom suite features:
- king size bed with bedding provided
- bedside table with lamp and double sofabed*
- hospitality tray with complimentary tea, coffee, cookies, candies
- coffee table/unit
- double wardrobe/fitted wardrobe
- chest of drawers
- cheval mirror
- tv and dvd player
*Les Nuages has an 'L' shaped corner suite
Each bedroom has an en suite bathroom featuring:
* separate walk in shower
* large bath
* double hand washbasin* on unit
* mirror and towel airer
* luxury bath sheets, bath mat and hand towel provided
* complimentary luxury bathroom toiletries
*Les Nuages has a clawfoot bath, separate walk-in shower and a single handwash basin
All the heating in Le Moulin is provided by underfloor heating
Guests are welcome to make use of the books, toys and games provided in the ground tv room. Spend some time in the games room with table tennis table, pool table and table football which leads off the salon in Le Moulin.
Use of the onsite shared leisure complex with
* indoor swimming pool
* gamesroom with:
- table tennis table
- snooker table
- pool table
- Wii and Xbox consoles (Wii games and Xbox games are available)
- 6x bean bags
Le Moulin has a 1/4 of acre of garden space for guests to enjoy. The patio area immediately outside of the property is furnished with patio tables and chairs and a bbq for guests use.
Free parking - for 20+ vehicles - is provided on the generously sized courtyard to the front of the property.
There is no wheelchair access to the property.
For the benefit of all our guests, we operate a 'no smoking' policy
For the benefit of all our guests, we do not allow pets on the property.
We have provided a utility room for guests use with:-
* large capacity washing machine
* large capacity tumble drier
* clothes airers
* iron, ironing board
* large table with ironing press
* wash baskets and an assortment of cleaning equipment
* additional fridge with ice box
Hello, I'm a working mother and myself and my hubby bought this property when we saw it and fell in love with it :)<br/>Over the years, we have lovingly restored it and made it into a holiday home we hope people would like to stay in and come back to again and again.<br/><br/>It's a gorgeous property and modern inside whilst retaining that French 'je ne sais quoi' that we all would like to know and love ;)
|Year property purchased||2007|
|Why this location?||We have visited a lot of areas in France and feel that Desertines, France is a lovely, rural location with a lot of friendly people, a place to relax and enjoy being away from the hustle and bustle. It is an ideal location for the best of both worlds; when you want to go and explore busy bustling towns or quiet countryside, then come back and chillax.|
|Unique benefits of property||It offers the best of both worlds - a lovely rural location in quiet countryside and not far from lively pubs and restaurants and market villages and towns.|
Please bear in mind that this is not an exhaustive list and we provide all our guests with a Welcome Pack with ideas of places to visit, restaurants to check out and much more... Here is just a small selection though:-
The nearby village of Desertines:
- The Red Lion, a great little public house which is definitely worth a visit with a variety of themed evenings - karaoke, vintage cars, club nights...
- Natalie's is a local bar/restaurant in Desertines which serves a very reasonably priced plat du jour - an entree, main meal, dessert and wine or cider for around 15 euros.
- Loisirs de la Colmont, Gorron - high wires, kayaking, bike hire, swin-golf, paintballing, loads to do here and not just for the kids!
- Cafe Gourmand is in our local town of Gorron and serves a great cup of tea or coffee (and cake if you need some!!) as well as a la carte lunches and dinner.
- cinema - for french and the occasional english spoken film night
- Elliot's, butchers can supply all your meats and is just across the road from Cafe Gourmand!
- with its art gallery
- award winning gardens
- nature and wildlife park
- Chateau de Fougere, a magnificent castle, one of the finest fortresses in Europe
- public gardens
- churches especially Eglise Saint-Sulpice de Fougeres and Eglise Saint Leonard
- tourist train
- beautiful basilique Notre-Dame d'Avesnieres
- Chateau du Laval
Le Mont St Michel
Beaches at Dinard, St Malo, Granvilles, Deauville (the 'Cannes' of western France) and Trouville