|Maison Mandara||Self Catering||Flexible||4||10||2||Sofa bed available|
Maison Mandara - Village location - 4 bed gite.
• 5 minute walk to the picturesque village of St Pierre Du Chemin in the beautiful Vendee region
Self-Catering Gite Comprises of:
• Private 8 metre x 4 metre in-ground swimming pool
(For the 2018 season the Swimming Pool is included for bookings from 26th May 2018 onwards)
• Games room (UK pub pool table and darts board)
• Large lounge, dining and large seating area
• 4 bedrooms - comfortably sleeps 10
• 2 bathrooms
(Both with showers, 1 x wet room / 1 x over bath to cater for any customer circumstance)
• Extra accommodation: 2 seat sofa bed in the lounge area, that accommodates a further 2 people sleeping for larger parties
• Enclosed garden with 2 x dining areas
(6 x seat table & 4 x seat table - great if the kids want to be a little independent)
• Large bbq
• Secure access to the pool area
(Under French law - lockable gate access to all pools to prevent accidents)
• At the front of the property there is a large driveway with space for several cars with road and pavement access into the village just 200 meters
• New white goods - fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher
• Free Internet wi-fi access throughout the property
• 2 x satellite systems; UK and French free view channels in lounge area
• 42 inch smart tv and Blu-Ray player in lounge area
• At rear of the property is a Plan D'eau, a large park area with lake and picnic areas incl. wc’s.
(This is great place to walk, ride bikes and is a perfect way to enter the heart of the village)
• An award winning bakery
• Family restaurant/bar serving A La Carte Menu as well as their very popular Plat Du Jour – (Buffet starter/main/desert/cheese/coffee/wine) at lunchtimes and serving bar meals most evenings including pizzas, burgers and fantastic fillet steaks
• Bank (with cashpoint)
Local Places of Interest:
• La Châtaigneraie – 3 miles drive south - Town with 3 large supermarkets and further restaurants.
• Bressuire – 10 miles drive north - Town with many restaurants and a large commerce centre
• Puy Du Fou – 20 mile drive West France’s 4th largest theme park – Medieval spectacular – A MUST SEE!!
• La Rochelle – 50 mile drive West – Historical and vibrant sailing port – lots of shops and seaside restaurants
The Village is Located:
• 1.25 hrs – La Rochelle airport
• 3.5 hrs – St Malo
• 4 hrs – Caen
• 4.5 hrs – Le Havre
Open plan kitchen/diner
Very large kitchen area with dining table that can accommodate 8.
New dishwasher, fridge-freezer and washing machine.
Also included - microwave, kettle, toaster as well as plenty of cups, glasses, cutlery, plates, saucepans & other cooking utensils, etc...
Large living room area with new 42" flat screen smart tv with Blu-ray player and English and French tv channels. There are 3 x 2 seat sofas comfortably seating 6. One of the sofas is a double sofa bed.
Main bedroom - double bed and 2 x bunk beds with curtain divider. Very large room with wardrobe and chest of drawers as well as side cabinets.
2nd bedroom - double with wardrobe and dresser as well as side cabinets.
Bedroom 3 - 2 x single beds with side table
Available - 1 x travel cot, 1 x high chair & 1 x moses basket.
2 x bathrooms.
Ground floor - wet room with sink and toilet (off games room and ideally situated for swimming pool)
1st floor - family bathroom with toilet, sink and bath with shower over (shower curtain fixed to enjoy a proper shower)
Portable oil heaters - the property is not being let in off seasons, but just in case there is an evening chill.
8m x 4m in-ground private swimming pool, with 4ft - 6ft depth. Fully secured fencing - legally compliant to French law.
Full size pub pool table (free to use-coin slot disbled).
Pool as mentioned above.
Own private garden space with 2 x tables
1 x 4 seater table and chairs
1 x 6 seater table and chairs
Fully enclosed garden with 1.2m secure fence - same as what surrounds the pool.
Lots of space at the front of the property for several cars.
Village location with plan d'eau at rear (landscaped park area).
Great for families or couples of any age. There is a good bar serving fantastic food in the village and being on the edge of the village just a 5-10 min stroll to the church in the centre anyones taste or need can be catered for. Easily located to the ports and La Rochelle (50miles) for convenient airline routes as well as the beautiful town itself.
Surrounded by market towns, chateaus, vineyards, lakes and theme parks - all within a few miles, this is a really centrally located property. Whether you want to relax by the pool and savour the local cuisine or if you want to be energetic and out and about each day sightseeing, this property will suit both needs.
Kevin & Claire - owners since 2015, we bought the property after several holidays there with the previous owners. They decided to sell to be back in the UK with their family giving us the opportunity to buy our dream property in an amazing location.
|Year property purchased||2015|
|Why this location?||Located in a Vendee village with a restaurant/bar, supermarket, bakery and a picturesque park. Close to many attractions to keep all the family and any age range happy. Also with close links to the ports, airports and rail links the property is easy to reach from the UK and Europe.|
|Unique benefits of property||Free wi-fi internet.4 bedrooms that can sleep 10 comfortably (1 of these are a double mezzanine). Spacious property with a private in-ground 8 x 4 metre pool fully secured by fencing for child safety as per French law. Fully equipped games room with English pub pool table and darts board. Front room with all mod-cons: new flatscreen tv, new white goods (fridge freezer, dishwasher & washing machine).
Large dining area that can accommodate 8 - 10 people - this property can also accommodate at least 10 people in the garden for that outside eating experience.
Ample secure parking at the front of the property with easy access to the parkland which leads directly to the centre of the village and it's amenities.
Located about an hour from La Rochelle and Nantes (with airports and high speed trains) and the white sandy beaches of the Vendee coast, you have access to many nearby facilities including Mervent (for sailing, canoeing, cycling, 'Go Ape', zoo, riding etc), Puy de Fou theme park, the Green Venice and Futuroscope. Vendée does have some of the finest Theme Parks of their kind in France. The largest and best known Theme Park in the Vendée is without doubt the Puy-du-Fou. The Park offers two distinctly different experiences with the Grand Parc du Puy du Fou operating during daytime hours and the spectacular Son et lumière of the Cinescenie which operates after dark. Both are unique and are world renown. The daytime experience requires an early start if you intend to see all of the attractions and such is the popularity of the Cinescenie that booking well in advance is advised. If you want to get the most of your visit to the Vendée, there is no better way than by cycling or walking. One can discover the hidden treasures that only a leisurely pace will reveal. Within the Vendée a vast network of cycle tracks can be found, these have been designed for riding in complete safety while taking in the natural attractions that Vendée has to offer. There are over 1000 kilometres of tracks you can take a complete cycle tour of the Vendée. On the tracks everything has been put in place for maximum safety including designated cycle lanes and all the necessary signposts. One will also find excellent picnic areas along the route for relaxing and refreshing oneself. A holiday never seems complete without a visit to one of those colourful markets that France is so famous for. Though there has been a decline both in the number and size of markets in recent years due mainly to the increase in super and hyper-markets with lower prices and a larger range of products, there are still ample markets left for the visitor to enjoy. La Châtaigneraie, Fontenay-le-Comte, Chantonnay, Bre.