|Mas D'en Porte||Self Catering||Flexible||4||10||3||2 x double sofabeds plus 1 x family room for 4|
Stunning Catalan Farmhouse - private garden and pool - Mediterranean and mountain views.
Stunning 15th Century stone built Catalonian/French Mas, with unique original character including oak beams. Set in large gardens with exclusive use swimming pool, entry via Roman steps. Designer kitchen/diner, large separate lounge extending on to south-facing sunterrace. Air conditioning in all bedrooms. Self contained ground floor apartment with double bedroom en suite and kitchen/living room, which can convert to 5th bedroom; separate east and south facing sun terraces. Views towards the Mediterranean coastline and Pyrenees Mountains.
• Ground Level (exterior) - South facing shaded dining area – ideal for eating al fresco and great as a retreat in summer, adjacent to first floor kitchen.
• First floor - Fully equipped farmhouse styled, designer-kitchen/diner with double Range Master oven, dishwasher, washing machine, American styled fridge/freezer/water dispenser, wine cooler and microwave. En suite master bedroom (king-size), with shower and wc and air conditioning. Separate wc.
• Half Level - Spacious 40m2 lounge with flat screen tv, log fire and double sofabed (optional 5th bedroom) leading to south facing terrace equipped with rattan furniture overlooking gardens with views to Pyrenees.
• Second Floor – Comprising 2 separate bedrooms both with air conditioning and views stretching to the Mediterranean. One large family bedroom with a double bed and a single bed with space for cot or z-bed. Separate double bedroom. Adjacent family bathroom, with roll top bath and wc.
Ground Floor - Self Contained Apartment
Quaint, spacious self contained apartment suitable for family of 3. Air-Conditioning. Double bedroom with en suite shower and wc. Kitchen/living room, with queen size sofa-divan and space for cot (option to use as a 5th bedroom). East and south facing private terraces equipped with rattan furniture.
Baby cots, highchairs and stairgates supplied at no extra cost. Price includes wi-fi and FREE telephone calls to some 60 international landline destinations. Linen and towels, Welcome Pack, maid and chef service provided on request.
Available for rental separately or can be rented in combination with RoussillonFarmhouse (sleeps 10) or one or both cottages (each sleeps 6) to accommodate up to 32 people. Each property has their own separate entrances and facilities, including 3 separate swimming pools, set in a total of more than one acre of gardens.
We can offer short breaks (minimum 2 nights) and/or winter lets as Mas D’en Porte is well insulated and equipped with a combination of AC reverse heating, electric heaters and a log fire. A local English housekeeper is available to provide assistance, if required.
All 4 properties are available for larger groups accommodating up to 32 people (15 bedrooms and 13 bathrooms). The properties are set in a total of more than 1 acre gardens with 3 separate swimming pools. (This is NOT a gite complex – all properties are completely private and separate and can be rented individually). Mas D’en Porte (sleeps 10). Cottage Des Alberes (sleeps 6). Cottage Canigou (sleeps 6).
Facilities - wi-fi/broadband, phone, Skydigi tv, cots and highchairs, private parking. Linen and towels, welcome pack and maid service, chef service, table tennis and bikes available.
Travel - fly/drive Perpignan (30 mins), Gerona (60 mins), Carcassonne (90 mins), Barcelona (120 mins). Activities: cycling, golf, guided walks, horse riding, mountain biking, scuba-diving, sports-boat trips, sailing, tennis, wine tasting, windsurfing etc.
Prices based on Mas D'en Porte (sleeps 10). Please enquire for SPECIAL PRICES for smaller parties or any combination of up to 32 people.
Fully equipped designer kitchen/diner with granite worktops - ideal for cooking, aperitifs and dining. Comprising:
• RangeMaster – master double oven with induction hob
• Washing machine
• Large American style family fridge-freezer, with ice dispenser and water cooler
• Wine cooler
• Extensive selection of crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, cooking utensils and glasses
Dining area with:
• Interior dining table and chairs
• Exterior dining table and chairs on adjacent ground floor terrace for al fresco dining
Large 40m2 lounge with 'L' shaped settee, easy chairs and a further double settee to convert to a sofa/divan bed (to provide 5th bedroom). Woodburner for winter. Large Skydigi tv. Free wi-fi and phone calls to EU landlines. Adjacent wc. Leading to south facing terrace equipped with rattan furniture and small dining table overlooking gardens with views to Pyrenees.
Sleeps 10/12 people.
Ground Floor - self contained apartment
Bedroom 1: double bedroom, with en suite shower and wc. Option to convert separate living room to bedroom 5 - with double sofa divan - suitable to children/teenagers. Space for cot - ideal for small family, as part of a larger group.
First Floor - Main house
Bedroom 2: Master king size bedroom, with en suite shower and wc, with sea and mountain views
Second Floor - Main house
Bedroom 3: Family bedroom with double, single bed and space for cot and/or z bed, with adjacent family bathroom
Bedroom 4: Double bedroom with sea and mountain views, with adjacent family bathroom
Cots, highchairs and baby stairgates available.
Linen and towels can be provided.
• 1 x en suite, with shower and wc (bedroom 2)
• 1 x family bathroom with roll top bath and wc (bedrooms 3 and 4)
• 1 x separate wc, adjacent to lounge and kitchen
Ground Floor - self contained apartment
• 1 x en suite, with shower and wc (bedroom 1)
Electric heaters and towel rails.
Woodburner for winter months.
AC/reverse heating in all bedrooms.
Large Skydigi tv in main longe with access to UK channels and free wi-fi. iPod music docking station. Table tennis, bikes with helmets, tennis rackets, boules available on request at extra cost.
Large garden and swimming pool (open end of April to end of October). Superb south and east facing exterior terraces, equipped with rattan furniture and dining table for al fresco dining and aperitif’s. Table tennis, bikes with helmets, tennis rackets, boules available on request at extra cost.
Private off-road parking in courtyard for 3 cars. Garage available on request.
Ideal for 3-generation families and larger groups by using the adjacent properties. You can be all together, whilst having your own privacy. Great for out of season groups for artists, cycling and walking etc.
Chef service – available on request.
Maid service – available on request.
Open all year round. Ideal for long winter lets from end October to end March. Enquire for special prices and enjoy our superb winter micro-climate - 300 days of sunshine..!
Paul and Annette first visited Argeles Sur Mer and Collioure in 1979 and eventually bought a property in Sorede in 1986. Our son, Luke was born in 1988 and we have been visiting this very special area of the Roussillon all these years. It is truly spectacular - renowned for the sun, the sea and the mountains. We have been hosting guests from all over the world for more than 30 years and welcome you to join us too.
|Year property purchased||2012|
|Why this location?||Mas D’en Porte and our adjoining property, RoussillonFarmhouse (sleeps 10) , have been in our family for the more than 30 years. So popular are our properties and the region we bought the 2 adjoining cottages - Cottage Des Alberes (sleeps 6) and Cottage Canigou (sleeps 6).
We have been visiting the Roussillon region since 1979 and of course we return year after year because it has everything – the sun, the sea and the mountains – together with a rich history, great culture, fantastic countryside, tasty food, very palatable wine and friendly Catalan hospitality. If you have not already been, then you won’t be disappointed.
|Unique benefits of property||The unique benefits of our property, Mas D'en Porte is that it has been renovated to a very high standard and is ‘home from home’. Comprising a fantastic designer kitchen, ensuite king size bedroom, family room (with double, single and space for a cot or Z bed), exterior covered dining area al fresco, south facing sun lounge and separate apartment to accommodate 2 to 4 people. Inclusive wi-fi & phone calls to EU landlines, Skydigi TV etc. Not forgetting the large garden and swimming pool – for cooling off in summer!
Our properties are located in the most southerly and sunniest region of France with its own superb micro-climate. Great all-round year round - to escape from the UK weather.
You can walk (750m/5mins) to the village shop for fresh bread and croissants, to a bar and choice of 2 restaurants/takeaway for an enjoyable meal. The spectacular Mediterranean is just 15mins.
About Villelongue dels Monts, mear Argeles-Sur-Mer and Collioure.
Mas D'en Porte, RoussillonFarmhouse and Cottages are situated in the beautiful Roussillon, the most southerly region of France well renowned for its 300-days of sunshine per year, the Mediterranean Sea and its mountains. An ideal holiday location: away from today’s hectic life.
• Nearest Beach - the family orientated, Blue Flag beach resort of Argeles-Sur-Mer is 15mins by car.
• Nearest picturesque fishing village - Collioure is 20mins by car.
• Village centre of Villelongue-dels-Monts. 5mins walk / 750 metres.
• Nearest shops – 5mins walk to shop / boulangerie, post office, pizza take-away.
• Nearest market - in Villelongue-dels-Monts, every Wednesday 5mins walk.
• Nearest restaurant / café / bar - 5mins walk, choice of 2 restaurants.
• Nearest vineyards / wine-tasting – 5mins in the car to Moulin de Breuil at Montesquieu des Alberes / Villelongue dels Monts.
• Water sports – at Argeles Sur Mer and Sy Cyprien – sailing, water-skiing, yachting, windsurfing, scuba-diving.
• Biking – bikes and helmets available.
• Walking – walk directly from the property (at 150m) to an altitude of 1200m in the foothills of the Pyrenees.
• Trip to Spain – Roses 60mins, Figueras 35mins etc.
This area has activities and interests for most people – blessed with a great all year round climate.
For more information please visit: www.RoussillonFarmhouse.com